The image block in WordPress.com is a powerful tool that allows you to add and customize images on your website. Here is an overview of how to use the image block:
- Click on the “+” button to add a new block in the Gutenberg editor.
- Search for the “Image” block or simply scroll down to find it.
- Click on the image block to add it to your content area.
- You can now upload an image from your computer or select an image from your media library. To upload a new image, click on the “Upload” button and select the image file from your computer. To use an existing image, click on the “Media Library” button and choose the desired image.
- Once the image is added, you can customize it further. You can align the image to the left, center, or right using the alignment options.
- You can also add a caption to describe the image by typing the text in the caption field.
- To make the image a clickable link, enter the URL you want to link to in the “Link URL” field.
- Adjust the image size by dragging the resize handle on the corners of the image block.
- If you want to change the overall appearance of the image, you can explore the various settings in the block toolbar. This includes options to add alternative text (alt text), change the image dimensions, apply a radius to the corners, and more.
- Once you are satisfied with the image block, continue adding content to your page or post, or simply hit the “Update” or “Publish” button to make your changes live.
That’s the basic overview of how to use the image block in WordPress.com. It’s a versatile block that allows you to enhance your content with visually appealing images. Enjoy creating stunning visuals for your website!